Since it’s the month of love, nearing the end of it actually, I decided to make a post basing on an article on a website I love so dearly, that is Thought Catalog. This article has a simple theme and it’s based on a popular game called Would-You-Rather which is basically just a bunch of random questions being asked. It’s meant to cure boredom and can help people to get to know you more, or get to know yourself more as well. So here it goes (To my readers, if there are any lol, you can copy the questions if you like to use it, just credit the creators).
- Would you rather date someone who’s highly ambitious about their career, or someone who cares more about passions outside of work?
For me, because I’m a rather picky person, I don’t date someone unless he’s my ideal type. Which is why I hardly or should I say rarely ever date. I would say I’d date someone who cares more about passions outside of work because you’ll know that person has willingness to enjoy what life has more to offer and is well-rounded.
- Would you rather be with someone who wants to start a family in the very near future, or someone who’d like to wait a few years to really figure things out?
I’d go for the latter. I’m the type of person who doesn’t want to commit to something unless I’m very sure of it. I’d like my partner in the future to be very sure of themselves as well, that way it’s more organized.
- Given the choice, would you want to be in a relationship in which one of you eventually becomes the primary income source and the other is the primary caregiver, or would you rather be in a relationship where both of you work?
I’d rather be in a relationship where both of us work. In the long run, when we do decide to have a family, being traditional won’t bother me as well. It depends really.
- Would you rather be with a thrill-seeker, who likes to travel and skydive and try various dangerous things, or would you rather date someone who is more calm and serene?
Haha. If I was a few years younger I would’ve picked the first one. But recently I’d rather spend my time with someone who is more calm and serene because they seem to be more easy going and in the moment.
- Do you want to be with someone who’s confrontational and places the problem right on the table, or someone who approaches issues between you in a more careful, gentle way?
The latter. I’m a highly sensitive person, I don’t handle confrontations that well even though I’ve experienced it all my life. I realized things get resolved better through handling the solutions with care than with force.
- Would you rather date someone who’s interested in a very active social life, with parties and events and activities every other night, or someone who’s more of a homebody, and prefers to stay in with you or hang out in smaller, quieter groups?
Again, the latter. Smaller, quieter groups are more intimate and can give room for better improvement concerning relationships. Just look at How I Met Your Mother, just minus the obscene situations lol.
- Would you rather be with a night owl or an early bird?
I’d rather be with an early bird because I’m already a night owl.
- Do you want to be with someone who prefers to watch comedies or dramas and thrillers?
Comedies hands down. Hahaha. Dramas are cringeworthy. Although thrillers are not so bad; I like suspenseful movies.
- Do you want someone who is deeply romantic – someone who is always open about their feelings and likes to be tender and affectionate? Or would you rather be with someone who is more mysterious, subtle, and slow to reveal their emotions, but still feels things all the same?
I feel like someone who is deeply romantic is kind of … cringey. Lol. Sorry about that. But yes I’d rather prefer someone who is subtle but sure of what he wants, and at the end of the day you still know he cares about you because, you just know. Haha.
- Is it more important for them to be able to make you laugh, or for you to feel like you can have an intellectual conversation with them?
Both? Hahaha. But if I’d choose, I’d pick someone whom I can have an intellectual convo. I’m usually the one who makes them laugh.
- Would you rather be with someone who has all the same interests as you – same favorite movies, same hobbies, same taste in music, etc? Or do you want to be with someone who’s the complete opposite of you so that you can introduce each other to new things?
I find having something similar with someone is more comfortable. Having to do extra effort to introduce someone in my world will be difficult for me considering I’m a passive person at most times. If I were to be with someone who has same interests as me, we’d bond easily.
- Does religion matter? Would you rather end up with someone who practices the same religion that you do, or are you flexible in that area?
Yes, religion matter. I’m a Christian. Being with someone who puts God as their top priority in life is number 1 on my list.
- Would you rather be with someone who wants to move all over the place, live in various cities, and constantly be exploring? Or would you be happier with someone who’s interested in building a life in one single place for a long period of time?
Though I’m starting to be more flexible to changes, in the issue of settling down, the latter is more appealing. Having to move around as a family later on is not only financially erratic it can also be a hindrance to when you’re raising kids. Though it’s a different story if we’re still a married couple with no kids then heck let’s do a roadtrip around the U.S. for all I care. Hahaha.
- Are you more interested in someone who likes to plan out date nights, from the happy hour to the restaurant to the after-dinner venue? Or do you want to be with someone who is more spur-of-the-moment?
I’m more of a spur-of-the-moment type of person so it would be good if my partner would be the opposite. That way it’s more balanced, hahah.
- Do you need to be with someone who’s completely independent and often in need of their own space, or someone who’s a little more co-dependent and likes to do things together, frequently?
I’m the independent type so I’m honestly more drawn to a person who is interested in making things work between us by initiating teamwork. Think of me as a cat person and I’d rather have my partner to be a dog person.
- A wine-and-beer kind of drinker, or someone who prefers cocktails? Does it matter to you?
It doesn’t matter. Alcohol is alcohol you get drunk by it eventually lol
- Would you rather be with someone who’s really into playing sports and doing physical things, or someone who prefers activities that don’t involve hand-eye coordination?
I wouldn’t say really into physical activities, just once in a while or if need be. For example, dancing or boxing? So yeah, I’d pick the latter.
- Do you want a nature-lover who enjoys being outside as much as possible in big open spaces, or someone who’s more of a city person?
I’d want a nature-lover. A city person is more metropolitan, they adhere to rules and trends. Though I’m not saying I’d wanna date a hippie, just someone who’s more laid-back and down for anything but is visionary. I’m also not good with rules, I hate being tied down. Haha.
- If you go on vacation together, would you rather be with someone who will lay on the beach with you all day, drinking margaritas and reading books, or someone who will be active with you, and is ready to go surfing or parasailing at the drop of a hat?
Lay on the beach all day definitely. Sight see, look at attractions, check out local spots, eat the local foods, like that you know. I’d die if I parasail. Haha. Though I’m down for surfing, I’d wanna try that.
- Are you more interested in the person who’s the life of the party, in the center of the circle making everyone laugh, or the person sitting calmly in the back, who strikes up a conversation with you and intrigues you from the start?
Latter. I’m an introvert. I like meaningful conversations, enough said.
- Do you want to be with someone who will indulge in your guilty pleasures, such as watching trashy reality shows and eating peanut butter out of the jar, or someone who is more of an upbeat go-getter?
I’d want to be with someone I admire, so yeah I like go-getters. They inspire me to not lounge around and achieve my own personal goals. They also make me want to go out of my comfort zone to help them achieve their goals. And that’s already a big step for me, because I’m usually reserved. I want to be with someone who makes me want to be better.
- Are you looking for a passionate, intense Noah-and-Allie from The Notebook situation, or something equally as strong but more silly and quirky, such as Leslie-and-Ben from Parks and Recreation?
LESLIE AND BEN HANDS DOWN BECAUSE I’M LESLIE NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO ARGUE COPISH? XD
- If you’re in the mood to watch a movie, do you want someone who’s going to go out to a theater with you at eleven o’clock at night, your bags stuffed with candy from Walgreens, or would you prefer someone who will eat homemade popcorn with you while you watch a movie from the comfort of your own home?
Homemade popcorn and Netflix sounds nice. Add Nutella ice cream and it’s a memorable date. 😛
- Does it matter if they’re a cat person or a dog person or none of the above?
Cat person here. Need dog person. Yes it matters.
- Do they have to be a neat-freak, or are you more comfortable with someone who’s laid-back when it comes to household duties and overall messiness?
Neat freak because as embarrassing as it is I’m a messy person. 😛
- Are you looking for someone who’s going to order take-out and and sit on the floor with you every night while you guys eat it in front of the tv, or someone who’s interested in preparing somewhat-healthy, homemade meals multiple times a week?
I’d prefer healthy foods so the latter. Take outs are only relevant when I’m single.
- Do you want a book-lover or a movie-watcher?
I’m a movie watcher so I’d go for a book-lover. I think I’d learn much from that person. At the same time I can entertain him with my impressions of Mean Girls and we’ll wear pink on Wednesdays.
- Would you have more fun with someone you can argue and debate with, or someone whose opinions lie in a similar area to yours?
Someone whom I can argue and debate with is rather more fun. Though I find it annoying when I argue with someone, or if someone tries to argue with me. I’d go for someone who’s opinions lie similar to me so we both can argue other people. Hahah.
- Would you rather be with someone who wants to have a big family, or someone who’d like to really think about it and maybe have one or two children?
Because of my heart condition, I can only handle the most two, preferably one. So to my future husband, don’t expect much. Let’s leave our hopes for our grandchildren.
- Do you need to be with a cuddler and all-around consistent spooner, or someone who prefers to roll to the other side of the bed when you go to sleep so that you both have plenty of space?
Cuddler and spooner because I’ll be the one to roll to the side of the bed and hog the sheets. Lol Also I guess with a cuddler I’ll always feel safe when we’ll be married because I’ll feel like a baby. He can also cuddle the heck he wants. It’s win-win. And cute.